This easy avocado cilantro spread is the perfect spread to put on a corn tortilla for a blackened fish taco!
Who is not in love with avocados? This gluten free and vegan avocado cilantro cream spread is perfect for so many recipes.
When it comes to making tacos, I love to have a sauce or spread on it to help add extra flavor, and extra moisture!
- Avocados – Avocados are a diverse vegetable or fruit depending on what side you fall that can slice, dice, mash or puree!
- Minced Garlic – Minced garlic is one of my best friends in the kitchen.
- Fresh Cilantro – Cilantro gives the spread a bit of a spicy bite to give it additional flavor.
What to Eat Avocado Cilantro Spread
My family decided to make blackened fish tacos to add the avocado cilantro spread to. It was one of the best tacos we have made from home!
A perfect addition for your spread and fish taco is a cilantro lime coleslaw! This adds the perfect crunch to balance with the soft tortilla and fish to make every bite the perfect bite!
How to Make Avocado Cilantro Spread
Avocado Cilantro Spread
- Food Processor or Blender
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 2 avocados, 1/2 tbsp mined garlic, 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, 1/4 cumin, 1/8 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp rice vinegar and 1 tsp of olive oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Chill for 15 minutes to 1 hour before spreading on a delicious, warm tortilla.
How to Store Leftover Spread
We were able to keep the leftover spread in an air tight container for about two days before the avocados in the mixture started to brown.
Hyperlinks in this article will take you to eBay for awesome products, or other pages on Colorado Sisters!