This easy, grilled honey balsamic marinated chicken is the perfect way to change up your average chicken breast dinners!
My household tends to be a fan of chicken thighs due to the flavor from the fat, but breasts are a perfect way to change it up with other flavors.
Quick Instructions for Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Combine balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, honey, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl or gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken breasts to the bowl or bag for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken on medium heat for roughly 5 minutes, flip and grill for another 5.
- Top with some mozzarella and enjoy!
Baking Honey Balsamic Chicken in the Oven
If you do not have a grill, maybe you’re out of propane, or just do not want to grill, you can always bake the chicken in the oven instead!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I would recommend oiling the cookie sheet before placing the chicken breasts as the honey will start to caramelize and stick to the pan. Bake the chicken for roughly 20 minutes or until the chickens temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
I would recommend buying a meat or kitchen thermometer for your home. It comes in handy throughout the year. If you are making a roast or slow cooking a meat and are not sure when it will hit the right temperature, stick the thermometer in to check!
What if I Prefer Chicken Thighs Over Breasts?
I personally do not cook with chicken breasts often. My dad had leftover chicken after making fresh food for our dogs that we decided to cook for ourselves. You can substitute chicken breasts for chicken thighs in this recipe. It will actually add more flavor from the fat content in chicken thighs!
Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp natural honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella Cheese Sprinkle grated cheese onto chicken to finish
- Combine chicken broth, garlic, honey, rosemary, salt & pepper in a medium bowl. This will become your marinade.
- Add the 4 chicken fillets to the marinade bowl. Take the chicken and marinade and pour all into a gallon Ziploc/type bag. Press air out of the bag.
- Refrigerate chicken 30-45 minutes. Any longer will start to breakdown the chickens proteins essentially starting the cooking process.
- While chicken rests in marinade, grate mozarella cheese for topping.
- Take chicken from marinade and place onto BBQ on medium heat. Cook approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- With 2 minutes left to cook on the second side, sprinkle mozzarella cheese onto chicken, to your liking, complete cooking.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- If you cannot find thin chicken breasts, I would recommend taking regular chicken breasts, cutting them in half, and pounding them flat.
How Long are Leftovers Good For?
I generally do not keep chicken in the fridge for more than 2-3 days. Leftover chicken does not get eaten at my house so I try to make just enough for everyone.
What to Eat with Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken?
There are so many different side dishes that you can have with chicken! Try sides such as sauteed brussels sprouts!