Living in Tokyo, Japan – Part 4

July 28th, 2010

Today was such a fun day! It was Taylor’s birthday so we went to Disneyland and Disney Sea! First, we left the house at about 9:30 am and got to Disneyland at about 11:00 am. we did not go on many rides at Disneyland. Maybe 2-4 rides in 2 hours. We got a fastpass for Splash Mountain at 8:45 pm so we decided to go to Disney Sea. We have not been to Disney Sea yet so we were excited to see what it was like.

Tokyo Disney Sea is the most amazing theme park I have been to in my entire life. Be prepared for a long post at a later time.

Photo credit, RJ Hill, rjhill_santokyo

August 7th, 2010

Yesterday we finally received all of our rental furniture. Couches, lamps, dining room table and chairs, etc. I got super bored while they were delivering the furniture so I decided to go explore the area around the hotel next to our apartment building. The ANA Intercontinental and Ark Hills. I found a Subway, a sushi restaurant, and a few other places.

That night we decided to eat at a restaurant I found in this area called Plates. It was an Italian restaurant with pizza, pasta, scallops and more. We ordered a margarita pizza and it was amazing! It was fresh out of the pizza oven with fresh tomato’s and basil.

Today was full of activities as well. We hopped on the train to Bic Camera which is like the Japanese version of Best Buy to see what they have and buy a TV.

After shopping we went to a summer festival with food, games, prizes, entertainment and so much more! I cannot wait for dinner tomorrow because we will be going to Shakey’s again!

August 8th, 2010

Today was pretty fun! Dad and Taylor went back to Bic Camera, so Sophie and I went shopping. We went to the supermarket a few blocks from our apartment and bought cereal and popcorn, then we went to a convenience store for so many things! We bought instant noodles, ice cream, bread, coke, paper towels and more. We went home, put it all away and then ate lunch.

August 14th, 2010

Wow! What a week!? On the 10th, gramma Shirley arrived! She brought us cookies, peanut butter, bread to make, sunflower seeds, movies and more.

On the 11th we went to the Ueno Zoo! We only saw maybe half of the zoo because it was so big. When lunch rolled around we decided to eat before leaving the zoo. I had yakisoba noodles that were yummy! After the zoo we went to a natural history museum that was right next to the zoo.

On the 12th we decided to go to Tokyo Sea Life Park. It is an aquarium near Disneyland. Once you buy your tickets, you get on an escalator that takes you down below sea level getting darker and darker until you open up and sea large glass walls all around you. There is a large crowd of people gathered around the glass. I look up and see a baby Great White and a baby Hammerhead shark! There were large Blue Fin and Yellow Tail Tuna! It was taller than mom and dad combined!

Yesterday, mom and dad went to Ikea and Costco to get groceries and missing furniture like a desk lamp and a nightstand for me. Gramma, Sophie, Taylor and I stayed home all day. We went out to show gramma the shops across the street. We stopped by a bakery that had a cute cake that looked like it had a clear jello glaze on top. It was a pink leopard print cake. We went home and relaxed for the rest of the day.

To read more about my journey living in Tokyo, click here!

One thought on “Living in Tokyo, Japan – Part 4

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: