This gluten free blueberry oatmeal bake is a great way to start your morning with breakfast, or end your day with dessert!
This bake is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and it fills you up! Oats and blueberries are packed with nutrients to make for a healthy snack, breakfast or dessert!
I recently started eating oats more because I feel so good after eating them! I got tired of eating oatmeal day after day and wanted to find something new. This bake is super quick and easy, and is a great way to add oats to your diet.
Oats – are rich in antioxidants, helps with weight loss, are full of nutrients, and loaded with fiber. Oats and cinnamon make a perfect combination!
Blueberries – are also rich in antioxidants, help clear up skin, are full of nutrients. I prefer to use fresh blueberries when I bake, but frozen would work as well. Make sure they are fully thawed before using to ensure there is no ice to add moisture to the bake.
Coconut Milk – I prefer to stay away from dairy when I am making a dessert or pastry. It is an easy swap to make without tasting the difference, but it is slightly easier for people to digest.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl except for the blueberries
- Add in blueberries and pour mixture into a 9×9 baking pan as seen on eBay.
Oatmeal Bake Options
- If you are not a fan of blueberries, swap them for strawberries, bananas, and so much more! Combine fruits if you’d like.
- You can use regular milk if you are not one to have dairy free milk on hand at all times.
Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter (half a stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 9×9 baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients minus the blueberries into a medium sized bowl.
- Once the ingredients are combined, gently mix the blueberries into the mixture to avoid popping the blueberries.
- Add the mixture to the pan and bake for roughly 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, stick a knife or toothpick in. It should come out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
- Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert!
What to Serve With the Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
If you are eating this for breakfast, eat as it! If you are wanting to eat it as a dessert like you would an apple crisp or an apple pie, serve it with vanilla ice cream!
Top with some chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to add a bit of crunch!
Storage of Leftovers
I personally split the bake into portions for me to take to work for breakfast. They were good for 4-5 days while refrigerating.
I heated the leftovers up for 30 seconds to 1 minute before devouring!