This fresh and easy cilantro lime coleslaw is the perfect side dish or taco topping on a warm summer day! Have this coleslaw whipped up in 10 minutes or less!
Homemade Coleslaw Ingredients
- Cabbage – There are two ways to make coleslaw with cabbage. I personally choose the shortcut method and used pre-cut, pre-bagged, coleslaw mix. If you so choose you can use green and purple cabbage heads and slice them thinly.
- Carrots – Carrots add another flavor and crunch to the coleslaw.
- Cilantro – Cilantro in this recipe is optional. If you are having this slaw with tacos, I would recommend cilantro to add a fresh flavor to the tacos. If you are having this slaw with BBQ, I would probably cut the cilantro out to make the flavor more mild.
- Sour Cream and Mayonnaise – Most recipes that I have seen use only mayonnaise, but I like to add some sour cream for a little extra bite in the coleslaw.
- Rice Vinegar and Lime Juice – Both the rice vinegar and lime juice add a bit of a bite to the coleslaw to make it pop!
- Prep all ingredients and toss them all together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
This is one of the easiest side dishes to make! Measure ingredients, add them to a mixing bowl, mix and enjoy!
- For the base, you can use all mayonnaise if you do not want to mix in sour cream. Some recipes call for Greek yogurt to make the cilantro lime coleslaw healthier and have less fat.
- Take out the cilantro if you want to eliminate the bite and make the coleslaw more diverse.
- Add some sliced avocado for a creamier cilantro lime coleslaw.
What to Eat Cilantro Lime Coleslaw With
- Tacos – The first recipe that I ate the coleslaw with was a blackened cod fish taco! It is perfect on a corn tortilla with fish, coleslaw, and and avocado crema.
- BBQ – When I think BBQ, the first side dish I think of is coleslaw! Remove the cilantro or keep it in to serve with ribs or a pulled pork sandwich.
- Fried Chicken – Fried chicken is a perfect main course to have with coleslaw on the side. Serve with some jalapeno cheddar cornbread and you are set!
Storage of Coleslaw
I personally keep my coleslaw for 2-3 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator after making it.
Easy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- 2 cups coleslaw (I used bagged slaw, but you can make your own with green and purple cabbage, and sliced carrots.)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small to medium sized bowl, combine coleslaw, mayonnaise, sour cream, rice vinegar, lime juice and cilantro to a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate for roughly 1 hour before serving and enhance the flavors.
Some hyperlinks on this page will take you to eBay to allow easy access to kitchen supplies such as mixing bowls, and others will direct you to other great recipes!